In some instances, you may notice that your Huawei touch screen is not working. Although there could be several reasons for the issue, some of which may be related to the damaged hardware itself, you can try a few simple fixes before rushing to the service center to claim the warranty or pay for the repair cost. Here you will learn how to fix the problem that Huawei touch screen is not working.
How to Fix Huawei Touch Screen Not Working
In the following sections, you will understand a couple of case scenarios about the problem and their common fixes. However, before proceeding, ensure that your Huawei smartphone is sufficiently charged and that all the accessories that were shipped in the box are within your reach and accessible.
Once everything is in place, you can try the troubleshooting methods given below:
Case 1: Huawei Touch Screen Sometimes Works
This is a common issue where your Huawei phone sometimes responds to your touch, and in other instances, it doesn’t. When this happens, just try the following solutions.
Solution 1: Check the Working Temperature
If your Huawei touch screen is not working sometimes, ensure that the temperature you are using your smartphone in isn’t too high or low.
Ideally, your Huawei smartphone works best when the temperature is within the range of 0°C and 35°C (32°F and 95°F). It is recommended that the temperature does not go below 0°C (32°F) or exceed 45°C (113°F). If your region of residence has beyond the workable temperature, your Huawei phone may stop responding to your touches.
Solution 2: The Phone Charger
Make sure that you are using the original Huawei charger to charge your phone. If the original charger is damaged, you can get a new one from any Huawei-authorized service center or retail shop. You can even order it online from a trusted e-commerce website.
The bottom line is, you must always use the original accessories with your Huawei smartphone to avoid facing any such issues in the future.
Solution 3: Factory Reset Huawei Phone
Because your Huawei touch screen is not working sometimes, the issue shouldn’t be major. To fix this, one of the most straightforward solutions is to factory reset your smartphone. This not only removes any glitches that the Android operating system may have but also allows you to set up your phone as a new device, thus making it work flawlessly.
However, before performing the factory reset, you must back up all your data to avoid losing any important information during the process.
The procedures for backing up your data and factory resetting your Huawei phone are given below:
Back Up Your Data to Google Drive
- When your Huawei phone accepts the touch inputs, go to Settings.
- Scroll down and tap System & updates (System in some Huawei models).
- Tap Backup & restore from the next window.
- From the GOOGLE BACKUP section of the next screen, tap Back up to Google.
- Tap to enable the Back up to Google switch on the next window.
- Get back to the previous screen.
- Tap Backup account.
- On the Sign in screen, enter your Gmail ID and password.
- Tap Next.
- Tap I agree on the Welcome screen.
- On the Google Services screen, from the Backup & storage section, ensure that the Back up to Google Drive switch is turned on.
- Tap MORE from the bottom-right corner, and tap ACCEPT.
- On the Back up to Google Drive information screen, tap OK.
- Get back to the Settings screen.
- Scroll down and tap Advanced settings.
- Tap Backup & reset from the OTHERS section.
- Tap Data backup from the HUAWEI BACKUP section.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to back up your data.
Factory Reset Your Huawei Phone
- Go to Settings.
- Tap System & updates.
- Tap Reset (Backup & reset on some models).
- Tap Reset phone (Factory data reset > Reset phone on some models).
- Tap RESET PHONE.
- Tap RESET PHONE again on the confirmation screen. Note: Optionally, you can tap BACK UP to back up your data (if it’s not backed up yet) before performing a factory data reset.
- Wait while your Huawei phone erases everything and resets to factory defaults. Note: This process may take a while to complete.
- Once done, set up your Huawei phone as a new device.
- Restore your data and continue using your smartphone normally.
Case 2: Huawei Touch Screen Completely Not Working
If your Huawei touch screen is not working permanently, the troubleshooting methods explained below could help you fix the problem. Rest assured that hardware-related problems are rare and they occur when your phone falls from a table or is exposed to water.
Some solutions that may help you eliminate the touch screen response issue are suggested below.
Solution 1: Forced Restart Huawei Phone
Force restarting your Huawei smartphone fixes many problems. When you force restart your phone, you do not lose any data and it is only that the power supply is temporarily pulled off from the motherboard and then released back in. The process to force restart your Huawei phone is given below:
- Press and hold down the Volume Down and Power buttons together.
- Continue pressing the buttons until the Huawei logo appears on the screen.
- Release the buttons.
- Check if the issue is fixed.
Solution 2: Remove the Case and Screen Protector
Sometimes, your phone case or screen protector gets damaged which may obstruct your inputs, and your smartphone fails to respond. Because you cannot identify if the problem is with the case or screen guard, you may want to remove both and see if your Huawei phone can detect your touches.
Solution 3: Factory Reset Huawei Phone
When your Huawei touch screen is not working and all the above solutions fail to fix the issue, as a last resort, you may want to factory reset your device and see if you can use the phone normally after that.
Now, because you cannot go to the ‘Settings’ window as your phone has stopped responding to your inputs, the only method you can use is by pressing the ‘Volume Up’ and ‘Power’ buttons together.
You can find the entire procedure of factory resetting your Huawei smartphone here.
Solution 4: Use HiSiute to Restore Huawei Phone
If you cannot perform a factory reset through the procedure given in the previous solution, you can use HiSuite, a Windows and Mac application developed by Huawei.
The process to use HiSuite to factory reset your Huawei smartphone is explained here.
Solution 5: Check the Screen and Other Hardware
If none of the above solutions work, unfortunately, it means that the problem is with the hardware of your phone. In such a case, you can locate the nearest Huawei authorized service center, visit there, and get your smartphone checked. If your phone is within warranty, you won’t have to pay the repair cost.
Sometimes, faulty system files, phone cases, or screen protectors may prevent your Huawei smartphone from detecting your touch inputs. If the problem is not hardware-related when your Huawei touch screen is not working, you can try the solutions given above to fix the problem easily and quickly.