WhatsApp exporting chat limit is 40,000 messages without media or 10,000 messages with media.
There are many reasons why you might want to export more than 40,000 WhatsApp messages. Maybe you want to share these messages with someone, you want to print these messages for legal purposes, or in more common cases, you want to make a backup of your WhatsApp messages.
Although 40,000 may seem like a lot of messages, if you use WhatsApp daily and you are in group chats, you can exceed 40,000 messages quite quickly. You might see this prompt when the messages you export exceed the number.
If that is your case, you can directly jump to the solution that really works for exporting more than 40,000 WhatsApp messages from your phone. If you just hear about this limit, you can keep reading the next part.
Can I Export More than 40,000 WhatsApp Messages using the Built-in Export Feature of WhatsApp?
No, you can’t if you have a single chat with more than 40,000 messages; but, if you are not sure about the number of your messages, you can try the built-in export feature of WhatsApp. The exact method for this is to share WhatsApp messages via email or Google Drive.
It is important to know that although the messages of a single chat might be fewer than 40,000 messages, you have to repeat the export process for the different chats since WhatsApp only allow you to export one chat once.
Export More than 40000 WhatsApp Messages on iPhone
If you are using WhatsApp on your iPhone, then in order to export your WhatsApp messages via email, ensure you have an email application set up with an email account. Once you have an email application set up, you can use the default mail application for this. Here is the process:
- Open WhatsApp and then go into the chat you wish to export.
- Tap on the name of the chat, which will either be the name of the contact or the group.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap “Export Chat” and then pick if you would like to export the chat with or without media files.
- Pick your email application and send the email to an address that you can access.
Once the email has been sent, you can open this email and then download the attachment to any device you would like. Alternatively, you can forward the email to another address if you wish to share the messages.
Export More than 40000 WhatsApp Messages on Android
The method to export your WhatsApp chats via email on Android is like the one listed above but it does vary slightly. Here is what you need to do:
- Open WhatsApp and open the chat you want to export.
- Tap on the vertical ellipsis in the corner of the chat and under More, pick “Export chat”.
- Choose if you want to export the chat with or without media files and then select your mail application.
- Send the email to an address you can access. This could be the same email address as the one you are sending the email from.
Export WhatsApp Chats to Google Drive
Another method you can use is similar to the one introduced above, which is to export the chat to Google Drive. This file can then be accessed on any device with an internet connection. To do this:
- Open the WhatsApp chat you want to export and choose the export option by following the steps introduced in the above section.
- Pick Google Drive from the applications you are shown when it is time to choose the method to export WhatsApp messages.
- Select the folder you want the chat to be exported.
This method also restricts the number of messages you can export, along with Google Drive storage restrictions so if you have many media files, this limit can be used up quickly.
The Best Method to Bulk Export WhatsApp Chat without Limit Is to Use a Tool. Why?
The best method of exporting more than 40,000 WhatsApp messages is to use a third-party tool since the methods that are available in-app through WhatsApp are limited, usually up to 40,000 messages or there are storage limits with your email service or other locations, but with a tool, there are no such problems.
Besides, tools have other advantages. The files exported by a tool are much more readable than that exported by WhatsApp. You don’t have to export the chats one by one, doing the same thing again and again. Tools allow you to bulk export WhatsApp messages.
Tools make this job more efficient. What you get is worth what you pay.
The Tool That Can Break WhatsApp Chat Export Limit
RecoverGo (WhatsApp) is a multipurpose WhatsApp tool developed by iToolab to recover your deleted WhatsApp data and also export your WhatsApp data including messages, media files, contacts, and so on. RecoverGo (WhatsApp) is powerful across all its features so you can rest assured that whatever you are using RecoverGo (WhatsApp) for, it will be done.
RecoverGo (WhatsApp) has an easy-to-operate user interface because not everyone is experienced in using technology, so with a few clicks, your WhatsApp messages can be exported to a storage location on your computer. Some of the great features of exporting your WhatsApp chats using this method are:
- No limits – You are free to export as many messages as you want.
- Export in bulk – You can export as many WhatsApp chats as you like at one time without exporting them one by one.
- Export as HTML – You can choose to export the WhatsApp chats as HTML so that they can be read as they are displayed on your mobile phone.
- Export from backup – You can not only export WhatsApp from your device, but also from your iTunes backup or Google Drive backup.
- Export contacts – Another amazing feature of RecoverGo (WhatsApp) is the ability to export your WhatsApp contacts from WhatsApp to your computer.
- Export other data– You can choose the types of data you want to export too. If you only want to export photos, videos, or audio, you can choose to do so. You can also export stickers, links, documents, or other data individually.
Regardless of the operating system that you are using, you can export all your WhatsApp messages, including media files if you wish to do so. Here is the guide to exporting more than 40,000 WhatsApp messages at once from your phone.
- Install RecoverGo (WhatsApp) and connect your phone to your PC via a data transfer cable.
- Choose the option “Backup and View WhatsApp Data” and then click “Backup Now” at the bottom left corner. Choose WhatsApp type to start the backup process. Once your WhatsApp has been backed up, you will see the backup information on the backup list.
- Select the backup from the list and click “View”. The program will display all the WhatsApp messages, attachments, and other data in the backup. You can choose to export the messages and other data you want.
Here is what the exported file looks like.
We hope that this article has been useful for you to export your WhatsApp chats. We have many other articles about WhatsApp so feel free to check them out if you want to: