Clone Phone is an Oppo proprietary app that comes preinstalled on almost all new Oppo phones.
Developed by Oppo and already available in new models manufactured by the company, the app is available on Play Store and works perfectly on every compatible Android smartphone.
Furthermore, Clone Phone is versatile enough to recognize iOS devices and allows you to import important files and data from iPhones as well. If you plan to switch to Oppo from any other Android smartphone or an iPhone, the Oppo Clone Phone app has your back when it comes to convenient and quick data transfer.
Check the Compatibility of Oppo Clone Phone
If you find any problems when using Oppo Clone Phone, your first troubleshooting step should be to check if the source or destination devices are compatible with the app. Now, if you have initiated the cloning process on one phone, it means that the source device supports the program, and it’s only the other smartphone that you must check for compatibility.
For your convenience, here are a few things that Oppo Clone Phone needs before it can function properly on your phone:
Oppo Clone Phone is available on Play Store and App Store which means the app supports both platforms. However, at the time of writing this, you can only migrate from iPhone or other Android phones to Oppo phones.
· iOS Compatibility
Oppo Clone Phone works only on iPhone and iPod touch models running iOS 10.0 or above.
· iPhone Model Compatibility
The app works on all models starting from iPhone 5S through iPhone 14 Pro Max (and running iOS 10.0 or later.).
· Android Compatibility
Clone Phone is not limited to Oppo phones only and can run on almost all smartphones running Android 4.4 or above version.
Oppo Clone Phone requires a Wi-Fi connection, and the source and destination phones must be connected to the same network. For some reason, if the connection between the two smartphones cannot be established, you can connect them via a personal hotspot.
In addition, while launching Oppo Clone Phone for the first time, ensure that you allow all the permission that the app prompts you for. You must do this on both source and destination devices for error-free cloning and data transfer.
Another setting that you must check and configure correctly when Oppo Clone phone is not compatible is allowing the app to change system settings on your Android device. The process given below explains how you can do this:
Note: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ is used here for reference and illustrations.
- Long-tap the Oppo Clone Phone icon.
- Tap App info from the context bar that appears.
- Scroll down the App info screen and tap Change system settings.
- On the next window, turn on the Allow permission switch.
- Retry the data transfer process and see if the issue is resolved.
Use a Powerful Tool to Transfer Your Data
After trying the above solution, if you still notice that Oppo Clone Phone is not compatible with your source or destination device, you can try a powerful third-party tool to get the job done. Because such applications are dedicated to these tasks, they perform pretty well and complete the work smoothly.
A tool called AnyDroid by iMobie is a good example of this. iMobie AnyDroid is available for Windows and Mac platforms and supports Android and iOS devices.
Some key features that iMobie AnyDroid offers are:
· Android to Android Data Transfer
The application can transfer data from your old Android phone to the new one with the least human intervention. All Android devices are supported.
· iOS to Android Data Transfer
If you are switching from an iPhone to an Android smartphone, AnyDroid can easily get you through the most hazardous task of transferring photos, messages, contacts and other data. iPhone SE and later models are supported.
· iTunes Library to Android Transfer
If you want to transfer the media files like songs, videos, etc in iTunes Library to Android phones, AnyDroid can do it for you.
· iTunes/iCloud Backup Transfer
Instead of transferring data from iPhone to Android phones, you can also transfer the data in iTunes or iCloud backup to your Android phone.
· iCloud Data Transfer
If you don’t have the old iPhone now but you have important data on icloud.com, you can use AnyDroid to transfer the data to your Android phone.
· Wired and Wireless Transfer
While transferring data, you can connect both source and destination devices to the PC via USB cables or through a Wi-Fi network.
The process to transfer data and files from one smartphone to another with iMobie AnyDroid is explained below. First of all, download a compatible instance of iMobie AnyDroid according to the platform of your PC and then install and launch the program.
In the Case of Android-to-Android Transfer
- Use genuine USB cables to connect your Android phones to the PC. Alternatively, you can connect both smartphones and your computer to a common Wi-Fi network for wireless data transfer.
- Once AnyDroid detects both phones, click Android Mover from the left pane.
- Wait while AnyDroid recognizes and searches for the data your source phone has.
- Select the data you want to transfer and click Next.
- Wait while all your data is transferred from the source smartphone to the destination device.
In the Case of iOS to Android Transfer
- Click Android Mover after AnyDroid recognizes both your phones.
- From the right window, click the iOS to Android tile.
- Note: The iOS to Android option will be available only if AnyDroid can successfully recognize the iOS device.
- Wait while AnyDroid searches for all the compatible data and files that it can transfer to your new Android smartphone.
- Choose the data you want to transfer and click Next.
- Wait while iMobie AnyDroid transfers your data.
Simply put, when you use a third-party app, you bypass the “Oppo Clone not compatible” barrier and can make the entire transfer task pretty simple and quick.
Usually, any device running Android 4.4 or above is compatible with Oppo Clone Phone. Likewise, the program also supports iPhone 5S and above models running iOS 10.0 or later. If your source and/or destination smartphones is not compatible with Oppo Clone Phone, you must check if they meet the minimum requirements. If you still notice that Oppo Clone Phone is not compatible, you can try an efficient third-party tool to bypass this obstruction once and for all.