Many documents that contain personal information, such as bills and bank statements are password-protected so that even if anyone was to gain access to these documents, they would not be able to view or edit them.
However, you may want to know how to remove a password from a bank statement because you will be sharing the PDF document with someone or you want to modify the document, but you forgot the password. Alternatively, you may be fed up with entering your password every time you want to view your statement.
This article will show you how to:
- Remove password from PDF bank statement without password
- Remove password from PDF bank statement with the password
- Remove password from PDF bank statement on Android and iOS
How to Remove Password from PDF Bank Statement without Password
Before we talk about the methods to remove the PDF password, we would like to let you know the 2 types of passwords that PDF documents have. They are document open password and permission password. A document open password is required when you open the PDF bank statement. A permission password is required when you want to edit the PDF bank statement (in this case, you can open and view the document).
#1. For Permission Password – FreeMyPDF
The main method of unlocking a PDF bank statement without knowing its password is to use an online password remover. This tool will remove the permission password from the PDF file however it will not tell you what the password is. Therefore, if you have many files to unlock, this method must be repeated for each file.
A popular online PDF password remover tool is FreeMyPDF. This website allows you to upload PDF files that have a maximum size of 400MB (which is far larger than almost every bank statement) and then remove the password from them. The service is free to use and should only be used when you are the owner of a document.
- Go to www.freemypdf.com and tap on the “choose file” button.
- Browse for the PDF file you want to upload and click “open”.
- Click on “I agree, do it” and wait for the password protection to be removed from your bank statement.
That’s all you need to do to remove passwords from bank statements online. This method does not work all the time and files that have been encrypted with more secure methods will not be able to be unlocked this way.
#2. For Document Open Password – LostMyPass
Unfortunately, there is no tool for you to remove the document open password directly. You have to use a password recovery tool to crack the password and then follow the guide in the next part to remove it.
LostMyPass is one of the most powerful PDF password recovery tools. What makes it stand out is that LostMyPass uses cloud servers to recover the password, which significantly improves the speed of checking passwords and therefore obviously saves the recovery time.
It can recover weak passwords for free. It only takes a few minutes. If this method doesn’t work, you can choose a more advanced method that is paid. The best part is that they won’t charge you until they recover the password. If unfortunately, the password of your bank statements is still not recovered, they have an ultimate method – brute force attack with a mask. It guarantees 100% recovery of your PDF password if you provide the correct information to create the mask. Check more details about LostMyPass.
Here is how to use the LostMyPass to recover your forgotten PDF password:
- Go to the LostMyPass webpage for PDF password recovery.
- Confirm that you are not a robot and then upload your PDF bank statement.
- Wait for the online tool to recover your PDF password.
When LostMyPass recovers the password, it will show the password on the screen. You can use the free LostMyPass PDF Password Remover or use the methods below to remove the password from the PDF bank statement.
How to Remove Password from PDF Bank Statement using the Password
Things will be easier if you have the password and get tired of entering the password each time you open or edit it. No matter if it is a document open password or a permission password, you can try the methods below to remove the password.
#1. Use Google Chrome
The easiest method to remove a password from a PDF bank statement if you know the password is to open the file in Google Chrome using the password. The file can then be re-saved via the print function and the password will have been removed from it.
- Locate the PDF bank statement you want to remove the password from.
- Right-click on the file and go to “open with” and then choose Google Chrome. Other browsers such as Microsoft Edge will also work.
- Enter the password for the PDF bank statement.
- Choose the print icon in the top corner when the PDF bank statement opens.
- Then set the printer as “Save as PDF”.
- Select the location where you want the PDF file to be saved.
- Click on “save” or “print” (this will depend on the browser you are using).
The PDF file will be saved without the password now. However, if your bank statement was restricted from being printed then this method cannot be used. Instead, you will have to use the next method.
#2. Use Adobe Acrobat
Adobe Acrobat is a program developed by Adobe to let you view and modify PDF files. Adobe Acrobat Pro (which must be purchased) gives you access to all the features offered by Adobe to change and view PDF files.
- Open Adobe Acrobat Pro and click on “File” in the top left corner.
- Choose “Open” and then locate the PDF bank statement you want to remove the password from.
- Enter the password to the bank statement.
- Once the bank statement has loaded, click on “Protect”.
- Pick “More Options” and then “Security Properties”.
- Next to “Security Method”, select the drop-down menu and then choose “No Security”.
- Save the file (either overwriting the original or as a new file).
When you open the saved file, you will not be asked for a password anymore since the bank statement will have been unlocked.
How to Remove Password from PDF Bank Statement on Android and iOS
As mentioned above, PDF files have document open passwords and permission passwords. If you want to remove document open passwords from PDF bank statements on your phone, be it iPhone or Android devices, it is impossible because we haven’t found any tool that can crack passwords on phones. If it is a permission password, then you can follow the guide below to remove the password.
#1. Remove PDF Password on Android
When you do not have access to a PC and you want to use your Android phone to remove the permission password from a PDF bank statement, you can do so. Using the iLovePDF application, a PDF bank statement can be unlocked. The application also allows you to modify PDF documents in other ways however for this article, we will focus on the “Unlock” feature.
- Install the iLovePDF from the Google Play Store on your Android phone.
- Sign up to the application using your Google account and then click on the “Unlock” button in the application.
- Click on “Upload” and locate the PDF bank statement on your Android phone.
- Then, pick “Unlock PDF” to remove the password from the bank statement.
#2. Remove PDF Password on iPhone
If you don’t know the permission password of your PDF bank statement, you can also download iLovePDF on your iPhone to remove it. If you know the permission password, removing the password from a PDF bank statement on iPhones is very easy and no third-party application is required.
- Open the PDF bank statement on your iPhone.
- Enter the password for the bank statement.
- Click on the pencil icon in the top-right corner.
- Make a few changes to the PDF bank statement and then undo these changes.
- Click on “Done”.
Making a few changes and then undoing them will overwrite the original PDF document and will therefore remove the password protection from the PDF bank statement.
There are many methods listed in this article. We hope this article has been useful to you and you have successfully removed the password on your PDF bank statement.