Did you have an official conversation with someone in the past, and the matter got so complex that you had to knock on the doors of legal authorities? If so, you may want to know how to print text messages from Android for court with a free method. Although there could be several ways to do that, this guide covers the most convenient solutions that are both easy to follow and also come up with a sharp and clear printout.
Furthermore, you can also use the methods explained here to save almost all your chat messages for bookkeeping and maintaining other professional documentation.
How to Print Text Messages from Android for Court with a Free Method
The solution given here is the safest and easiest of all. The only downside of this method is that you may do some cropping to get the exact information that the legal proceedings require. Almost all the latest Android smartphones have a built-in cropping feature, but if your Android phone doesn’t, you have to rely on any third-party app to do the job.
Capturing a screenshot on an Android device is pretty simple as all you need to do is press two buttons together on your phone. Now, which key combination takes a screenshot depends on your smartphone’s manufacturer and the model that you have in hand.
For instance, if you are using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, you can complete the process in two sections described below:
Section 1: Capture, Crop, and Save a Screenshot
- Launch the Messages app on your smartphone.
- Press Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Notice that the screen blinks for a while and an options bar appears at the bottom.
- Immediately tap the Crop icon available in the bar.
- Use the side handles to keep only the content in the center.
- Tap Save from the upper-right corner to save the screenshot.
Section 2: Save the Screenshot as a PDF
- On your phone, launch the Gallery app.
- Tap to open the screenshot image you want to print.
- Tap the More icon (with three vertical dots) from the top-right area.
- Tap Print.
- If available, tap the down-facing arrow from the top-right corner.
- Tap Save as PDF from the menu. Note: Alternatively, you can tap the name of your wireless printer from the menu that appears to print the screenshot without saving it as PDF.
- Tap the PDF icon from the upper-right area.
- Use the next screen to choose a location to save the file.
- Tap Done from the bottom.
Other Ways to Print Text Messages from Android for Court
After learning how to print text messages from Android for court free using the screenshot method, it’s time to check another, rather easier way to get the job done.
Method 1: Use a Tool
This method requires you to use a third-party tool called DroidKit by iMobie. As the subheading suggests, iMobie DroidKit is a toolkit that works as a boon for non-technical Android users. You can install the application on your Windows or Mac PC and use it to do several tasks on your smartphone including:
- Get rid of the lock screen and Google account security barriers.
- Extract and export data from Android devices with crashed system/Google account/SIM card.
- Recover lost or deleted media files, messages, etc.
- Fix Android-related problems.
- Reinstall or upgrade the operating system, and much more.
One of the best features that iMobie DroidKit offers is that you can back up or transfer your phone’s data to your PC and even view the files on your monitor. You can use this option to print text messages from Android for court.
The concept is simple. You can connect your Android smartphone to the PC, use iMobie DroidKit to view the required messages on the computer, export messages (and if you want, other data too) to your computer, and either capture their screenshots or print them directly. The step-by-step process to do this is given below.
Note: Before proceeding, you must enable USB debugging on your Android phone.
Step 1: Get to the Main Interface
Use the link above to download and install a compatible instance of iMobie DroidKit according to the platform of your computer. Once done, launch iMobie DroidKit, and when the first screen appears, choose Data Manager. Use the genuine USB cable to connect your Android phone to the PC to get to the main interface.
Step 2: Choose a Feature and Data Type
On the welcome screen, click the Export Content tile from the top, and on the next window, check the Messages box to export only the messages. Optionally, you can check the other boxes to export their corresponding data as well.
Step 3: Begin Exporting
After selecting the data type(s) to export, click Start from the bottom of the screen. Wait while iMobie DroidKit transfers all the elements to your computer.
Step 4: View and Print the Messages
After the transfer is complete, click View files, go to the Messages folder, open the messages you need for court, and use your preferred method to print them.
Learning how to print text messages from Android for court is an easy process as long as you have the right tools and a well-explained guide.
In the process of printing messages, although you can use a third-party toolkit to export and print them from your computer, the method might sound a bit lengthy. As an alternate solution, you can ensure that your smartphone and printer are connected to a common Wi-Fi network, capture screenshots of important messages on your mobile, and save them as PDFs. You can also send them directly to the printer to simplify the process.