There are many reasons why you might want to spoof your location on the Snapchat map. You might want to convince your friends that you are somewhere when you aren’t, or you are tired of people seeing your precise location. Whatever your reason, many people wonder, is it possible to fake your location on Snapchat? The answer to that is YES, and this article will show how to fake location on Snapchat.
1. Use Xcode to Fake Location on Snapchat Map (iOS)
Xcode is a set of developer tools for iOS devices supported by Apple. You can use Xcode to fake your location on Snapchat. This is because developers often want to test their apps in different locations of the world remotely. Xcode allows developers to do this. This can also be used to change your location on the Snapchat map. Xcode requires more technical skills than the other methods introduced in this post. To use Xcode, you will need:
- A Mac computer/laptop
- An Apple ID account
To change your Snapchat map location using Xcode:
- Install Xcode on your Mac from the Apple store and launch it.
- Create a new Xcode project.
- Choose “single view application” and assign a name, organization name, and organization identifier to the application. These can be anything you want.
- Save the application to your disc and choose “create”.
- Choose “Fix Issue” if you get a popup.
- Plug in your iPhone to your Mac.
- Choose “device type” in the top left region of the window, next to your project name, and pick your device.
- Unlock your iPhone.
- Choose “debug” in the top bar on your Mac and select “Simulate location”.
- Pick one of the locations from the list or use a GPX file with a custom location to get the precise location you want.
2. Use Fake GPS Location App to Fake Snapchat Location (Android)
On Android devices, you can use an application from the Google Play Store called “Fake GPS location”. To use this application, developer options must be enabled. You can check how to enable developer options for your Android device by searching how to do it on Google. Once developer options have been enabled:
- Download the “Fake GPS location” application from the Play Store.
- Go to Developer options and choose Select mock location app. Then set the downloaded application as the mock location app. If you are not able to find Developer options, you need to enable it first.
- Open the “Fake GPS location” application and choose a location you want to set your Snapchat map as.
This will set your Snapchat map location, and your phone’s GPS to whichever location you pick. However, this method is not always reliable and may not work with some applications, such as augmented reality games.
3. Use AnyTo to Fake Location on Snapchat Map (iOS & Android)
AnyTo is a program developed by iMyFone that lets you fake your GPS location on iOS and Android devices to anywhere in the world instantly. This means you can set your phone’s GPS to wherever you wish to, by choosing it on a map. iMyFone AnyTo has many features that make spoofing GPS location for Snapchat easy.
- 1-click fake GPS – You can fake your location for Snapchat using iMyFone AnyTo in 1 click. This makes faking your location quick and easy.
- GPS movement – AnyTo lets you create a route on a map which your GPS can move along, to mimic real movement.
- GPS location with joystick – You can enjoy a perfect experience in gaming by using the joystick in AnyTo. This lets you play augmented reality games smoothly; set to any location you want.
- Multi-device control – You can change GPS location on 5 different iOS locations at the same time.
- Set coordinate by searching for a location name.
- Historical records – Save previous spots so you can access them quickly in the future.
AnyTo is incredibly easy to use to change your location for Snapchat. The steps to follow to fake your GPS location for Snapchat map are outlined below once you have downloaded and installed AnyTo on your computer.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer after launching AnyTo.
- Unlock your iOS device and tap on “trust” if you get a popup.
- To connect your device wirelessly to AnyTo in future, ensure the computer and iOS device are using the same internet connection.
- Once the map has been loaded, choose one of the modes and change your destination.
- Teleport mode lets you pick a destination on a map and set your GPS location to that destination instantly. This will make your Snapchat map display the destination you have picked.
- Two-spot mode lets you pick a custom route between two spots on a map. You can customize the speed that your GPS will move through the route.
- Multi-spot mode allows you to pick multiple spots that your GPS can follow.
- Realistic mode varies the speed your GPS location will change through a route to mimic realistic movement.
- Connect your device to your computer via a USB cable and identify your device in AnyTo.
- Follow the instructions on AnyTo and open USB debugging on your Android device after enabling developer options.
- To spoof location on Snapchat maps on Android devices, choose “social mode”.
- Install AnyTo assistant on your Android device.
- Choose “Select mock location app” in developer options on your Android device and pick “AnyTo Assistant”.
- Use one of the modes described in the iOS section to change your location. This will be mirrored on the Snapchat map.
There are many ways you can change your location on Snapchat map, or in other applications. However, some features are only available through specific methods. AnyTo allows your GPS to follow a route that you have selected, which cannot be done by any other methods such as using Xcode. We hope this article has been useful for you to spoof your Snapchat location on your phone.