Being one of the most used chat messengers, many people nowadays prefer WhatsApp to share media files such as images and videos. While such clips can be viewed right on your smartphone, you may want to download a WhatsApp video on PC if it’s good and worth saving for future references. Now, most millennials already know how to transfer videos from WhatsApp to PC. However, the elders and middle-aged persons might find the process too technical and may need some guidance.
That said, here you will learn some of the commonly used methods to download WhatsApp videos on PC. You will also get to know an alternative, more convenient solution which involves a third-party tool to get the job done.
1. Transfer WhatsApp Videos from Phone’s Gallery to PC
Fortunately, WhatsApp also has a built-in Camera feature that can be used to record videos from within the app itself. These recorded videos are automatically saved to your smartphone’s gallery and can be accessed from there.
The videos that you receive from your family members, friends, and colleagues on your Android device are automatically downloaded and saved in the WhatsApp Media folder. On the other hand, if you’re an iPhone user, you must download and save the videos to your iPhone manually. Then they will become available from the WhatsApp container.
If you want to download a WhatsApp video on PC, you can connect your phone to the computer using the correct cable (Type-C for Android or Lightning Cable for iPhone), and transfer the videos from the corresponding directory according to the platform of your smartphone.
Here is the path for Android: This computer\Your device name\Internal shared storage\Android\media\com.whatsapp\WhatsApp\Media\WhatsApp Video
Here is the path for iPhone: This computer\Apple iPhone\Internal Storage\DCIM, then choose the folder according to the folder names which are named by month and year. There is no WhatsApp folder under the directory, so it will take some time to find the WhatsApp videos you want to download to PC.
2. Download WhatsApp Videos on PC Through Email
After saving a WhatsApp video on your device, you can even attach it to an email and send it to yourself. Once sent, you can access your inbox on your PC and download WhatsApp video on PC normally. The entire process of how this can be done is explained below:
Note: Most email service providers have a size limit when it comes to attaching files. For instance, Google allows only 25 MB of attachment, and if the file exceeds this threshold, the large content is automatically saved to Google Drive. However, because even WhatsApp doesn’t allow videos that are larger than 16 MB, this limitation shouldn’t be a problem.
- Get to the downloaded WhatsApp video on your phone.
- Long tap the video thumbnail.
- Tap Share from the menu that appears.
- Tap Mail on the next screen.
- Enter your email ID in the To field.
- Make sure that the video is attached to the email.
- Tap the Send icon to send the email to yourself.
- On your PC, launch your favorite web browser.
- Sign in to your email account.
- Go to Inbox.
- Open the email that you sent to yourself from your smartphone.
- Download WhatsApp video on PC normally.
Note: The above procedure is explained using iPhone 13 Pro Max. If you’re using an Android device, even though the names and locations of the options could vary, the overall process remains identical.
3. Download WhatsApp Videos on PC from WhatsApp Web
WhatsApp Web allows you to access WhatsApp right from your favorite web browser. Once you sync your chat messenger with the web app, the remaining process of how to transfer videos from WhatsApp to computer is easy. The step-by-step procedure to get the task done is given below:
- Launch your favorite web browser on your computer (Google Chrome here).
- Go to the https://web.whatsapp.com/ URL.
- On your smartphone (iPhone 13 Pro Max is used here), launch WhatsApp.
- Tap Settings from the bottom-right corner.
- Tap Linked Devices from the Settings screen.
- Tap Link a Device from the Linked Devices screen.
- On the Scan QR Code screen, allow WhatsApp to use your Finger Print or Face ID for biometric authentication (if the phone prompts).
- After the authentication is complete, tap OK.
- Next, place the phone’s camera in front of the computer screen to scan the QR code.
- Wait while WhatsApp for Web and WhatsApp on your smartphone sync.
- Once WhatsApp opens on the web browser, from the left pane, click to select the sender of the video that you want to save.
- From the right window, click the video.
- Now, click the Download icon from the top-right corner of the page.
- Define a save location in the Save As box.
- Click Save to download WhatsApp video on PC.
4. Download WhatsApp Videos on PC Using a Tool
Although you can transfer WhatsApp videos to your PC by connecting your phone to it, if you’re using iPhone, locating the correct subfolder in the DICM container could be tiresome. Therefore, it would be a wise idea to learn how to transfer videos from WhatsApp to computer using an efficient third-party tool that can work with both iOS and Android platforms and is also capable enough to transfer WhatsApp data between the two.
One such program that is trusted by many users is Tenoshare iCareFone Transfer. The software is available for Mac and Windows platforms and can help you download WhatsApp videos in bulk on PC. You don’t need to search in the folders or download them one by one.
To know how to transfer videos from WhatsApp to PC using iCareFone Transfer, you can use your favorite web browser to download and install the app, launch the program, click the WhatsApp tile, and take a complete backup of WhatsApp.
Next, go to the Restore/Export option on the software, select the backup that you created, and click Export to Computer. After iCareFone Transfer scans the backup and displays all the messages and attachments, find the videos you want to transfer to PC under the WhatsApp Attachments category, check the Video box, and choose a destination folder at the bottom. Now, click Export to download WhatsApp videos on PC.
When you use regular methods to download WhatsApp video on PC, no investment is required, and all you have to do is following the procedure to get the job done. Also, using some of the methods, you can only accomplish one task at a time. On the other hand, if you want to save some time and make things convenient as well, you can go for any third-party tool that has been specifically developed for the purpose.