After you get your new iPhone, the first thing you want to do is to transfer all your data files and chat history to it from your old phone, and WhatsApp messages and media files are not exceptions in such a case either. But what if WhatsApp is not showing on Move to iOS app? Several reasons could have caused this including the WhatsApp versions installed on your old phone, the current iOS version, the connection method between the source and destination devices, etc.
Move to iOS is an Android app developed by Apple to make migration easier. However, it works only while setting up your new iPhone or after it has been factory reset by erasing all content and settings. If your iPhone meets any of these two conditions and Move to iOS WhatsApp is not showing, you can continue reading to get the best possible solution that works for you.
1. Check the Eligibility Requirements to Transfer WhatsApp Using Move to iOS
For WhatsApp to show up in the Move to iOS app, the messenger and both devices must meet minimum requirements. You can check the information listed below:
- Android 5 or later, SDK 2.1 or later, or Android OS Lollipop must be installed.
- The latest version of the Move to iOS app must be installed.
- WhatsApp for Android version 22.214.171.124 must be installed on your source (Android) device.
- Ensure that you are using a regular WhatsApp version as Move to iOS doesn’t support WhatsApp Business at the time of this writing.
- On the Android phone, Wi-Fi must be turned on but not connected to any wireless network.
- Both source and destination phones must be sufficiently charged or connected to the power outlet.
- The destination iPhone must be new and ready to set up or factory restored by erasing all content and settings.
- iPhone must be connected to a stable Wi-Fi network.
- iOS 15.5 or later must be installed on the destination iPhone.
Note: You can check iOS version by going to Settings > General > About.
If your new iPhone doesn’t have iOS 15.5 or later and needs a software update, you must set it up without migrating data, go to Settings > General > Software Update, and tap Download and Install.
After the update, do a factory restore on iPhone by going to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Erase All Content and Settings.
Once you have checked and confirmed that all the above-mentioned conditions are true, you can go ahead and start transferring WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone. After the transfer is done, you must install the latest version of WhatsApp (126.96.36.199 or later) on your iPhone, register the app with the same phone number that you used on your Android phone, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the migration process.
2. Uninstall All Other Data Migration Tools
Move to iOS is an official app by Apple as mentioned earlier and it and works flawlessly. Therefore, you do not need any other migration tool to transfer WhatsApp data. If any such program is already installed on your Android phone, you must uninstall it to avoid any conflicts with the Move to iOS app. To remove an app, you can long-tap its icon in the Apps Drawer, and tap Uninstall from the contextual options that appear. Check if the Move to iOS WhatsApp not showing issue is gone.
3. Set Your iPhone Language to English
Move to iOS is not perfect enough when it comes to transferring WhatsApp because it was not supported until this year. Some people in Apple’s forum said that setting iPhone language to English can solve the problem of WhatsApp not showing on Move to iOS app. Although WhatsApp supports a plethora of languages, the Move to iOS app may have trouble recognizing languages other than English. Therefore, while setting up your iPhone, choose English as your language to avoid any inconsistencies during migration. You can switch back to your preferred regional language once the transfer is complete.
4. Try WhatsApp Beta Version
This is another method that is proved helpful by some people in Apple’s forum. Therefore, you may want to install and check if the Beta version of WhatsApp appears while using the Move to iOS app. Here is what you must do the following to use this method:
- Check the availability of WhatsApp’s Beta version.
- Back up your WhatsApp chats.
- Uninstall WhatsApp.
- Download and install the WhatsApp Beta version.
- Register it using the same phone number.
- Grant permission to download WhatsApp data from the backup.
5. Use a Third-Party Tool to Transfer WhatsApp
If you have tried all the above solutions but none of them resolved the issue, and you still see that WhatsApp is not showing on Move to iOS app, you may want to try an efficient and reliable third-party program developed to serve the purpose.
One such software that has been in the market for a while and has impressed many users is WatsGo by iToolab. With this tool, you can easily bypass all the restrictions that the Move to iOS app has. For example:
- You don’t need to have a factory reset or a new iPhone.
- You can also transfer WhatsApp Business data from Android to iPhone.
- You can back up your WhatsApp on your computer.
- You can preview the backed-up data before restoring it to your new iPhone.
- iToolab WatsGo offers full duplex transfers which means that you can transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone, Android to Android, iPhone to Android, and iPhone to iPhone.
- WatsGo has no app, Android, or iOS version barriers.
- The latest version of iToolab WatsGo is compatible with Android 13 and iOS 16.
When talking about transferring WhatsApp from Android to your iPhone, you can follow the steps given below to get the job done using iToolab WatsGo:
- Download and install WatsGo on your Windows PC. Launch the program.
- Click to select WhatsApp from the left pane.
- Click Start under the WhatsApp Transfer section.
- Use the corresponding cables to connect the source and target (Android and iPhone) phones to the computer.
- Wait while the software detects both smartphones.
- Click the Flip icon to place the connected devices under their correct categories, i.e., Android and iPhone under Source and Destination respectively.
- Click Transfer.
- Click Continue when the confirmation box appears.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to enable 64-bit end-to-end encryption on your Android phone and back up WhatsApp.
- Take a screenshot of the encrypted WhatsApp backup password.
- Wait while WatsGo prepares for WhatsApp backup.
- Verify the backup instance with the password.
- Wait while WatsGo generates a backup and transfers WhatsApp to the iPhone.
Check if all WhatsApp data is successfully migrated to the new phone. Disconnect both phones from the PC, turn on Find My iPhone on your new iPhone, and continue using the smartphone normally.
When Move to iOS WhatsApp is not showing, you must check if your source and destination devices meet the minimum requirements to be eligible for migration. If everything looks fine and you still see WhatsApp not showing on the Move to iOS app, you should try a third-party software like iToolab WatsGo to serve the purpose with efficiency.