WhatsApp is a great app for people to communicate with family and friends. It allows you to get in contact with people in different countries with ease. If you use WhatsApp and you are planning on switching to an Android phone from iPhone, then you might be trying to figure out how you can transfer your WhatsApp backup from iCloud to Google Drive. Keep reading to get more information about this.
1. Do You Really Need to Transfer WhatsApp Backup from iCloud to Google Drive?
If you are switching from iPhone to an Android phone, you will most likely want to transfer all of your data to your new Android phone. Most apps and data can be transferred over rather easily just by using something like Samsung Smart Switch for example which handles the transfer of almost all your data.
Depending on the phone you are transferring to you could use apps like Samsung Smart Switch since most phones nowadays have their own transfer tool. Unfortunately, most of them cannot transfer your WhatsApp data. As I know, for now, only Samsung Smart Switch can transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to (only) Galaxy phones, and it has some limits. Check more here. Huawei’s transfer app is Phone Clone which can only transfer WhatsApp between Huawei phones. The other transfer apps that come with your new phone don’t support WhatsApp data transfer. Therefore, some people may ask how to transfer WhatsApp backup from iCloud to Google Drive.
Although you have a WhatsApp backup on iCloud, when you are switching to an Android, you can’t transfer your backup to your Android through iCloud and Google Drive. The reason why you can’t do it this way is that WhatsApp uses end-to-end encryption as a security measure to keep all your chats within the App safe and private. Unfortunately, this encryption is different between Android and iPhone and therefore you can’t just simply transfer your data from iCloud directly to Google Drive.
However, the purpose of those people who want to transfer WhatsApp backup from iCloud to Google Drive is to transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android phone. Things will be different when it comes to that. In another word, there are other methods for moving WhatsApp from iPhone to Android. You don’t need to transfer WhatsApp backup from iCloud to Google Drive.
2. Another Way to Transfer WhatsApp Instead of Transferring WhatsApp Backup from iCloud to Google Drive
In order to transfer your WhatsApp data from an iPhone to an Android phone you would have to use a third-party tool. There are several choices online. One good tool that you can use is an app called AppTrans by iMobie.
There are a bunch of different tools that iMobie makes for all your different needs to transfer data from device to device. AppTrans is one of the tools that you can use to transfer all your apps from one phone to another.
This tool works perfectly in this specific case to transfer your WhatsApp from your old iPhone to your new Android. The good thing about AppTrans is that you can transfer over your WhatsApp and all your chats and also transfer over any of your other apps without losing your data on them.
- To get started you have to first download and install iMobie AppTrans.
- After you’ve fully installed AnyTrans open it up and click on App Transfer in the column on the left, then choose the Transfer to Phone option.
- Now it’s time to connect your phones. Connect both your iPhone and your Android phone to your computer using your USB cables.
- Once your phones are connected you will see them displayed on the interface inside the AppTrans tool. Arrange your phones in the correct order to make sure that your transfer is going from your iPhone to your Android and not the other way around then press Transfer Now.
- When taken to the screen of what app you want to transfer, choose the WhatsApp option and press Next.
- Next, follow the instructions from AppTrans to give authorization to your WhatsApp data and follow the steps all the way through, then when finished press the Transfer Now button to begin the transfer process.
When your app transfer is completed you’ll have all of your WhatsApp data from your iPhone available to see on your Android. At this point, you will have to reinstall the official version of WhatsApp since you are currently using the custom version that you downloaded when you were going through the steps to give AppTrans authorization for your data.