Compared to iPhone, which is often blamed for weak network signals, quick battery draining, and other issues, Huawei phones are a better option. As a result, many people are switching from iPhone to Huawei phones.
Recently, Huawei released a Mate 60 in China that has impressed people due to significant improvements and outstanding features. For instance, the upgraded Kunlun glass is super hard and the phone enables you to make satellite phone calls. When it becomes available in other countries or regions, there may be a trend towards replacement.
To ensure you can fully enjoy your new Huawei phone without losing data from your old iPhone, we provide some methods that you can try to transfer data from your iPhone to your Huawei Mate 60 or other models.
- Method 1: Use Huawei Phone Clone
- Method 2: Use Google Photos
- Method 3: Use File Manager on Computer
- Method 4: Use Apple Music
- Method 5: Use a Free Third-party App – SHAREit
- Method 6: Use Paid Third-party Software – Transfer More Types of Data
- Question: Can You Restore Data from iTunes or iCloud Backup to Huawei Phone?
- Comparison: Differences between the Methods
1. Use Huawei Phone Clone
This is the method recommended by Huawei. Phone Clone app is an app specifically designed for transferring data from other Android devices or iPhone to Huawei phones. It is super fast (up to 8GB per minute) and works wirelessly. Phone Clone is usually preinstalled on Huawei phones, but on iPhone you need to download it from the App Store or scan the QR code shown on the Huawei phone. The steps are easy and here is the detailed guide.
What you need to pay attention to is:
- Make sure you have enough storage on your Huawei phone to receive data from iPhone.
- Only 4 types of data can be transferred from iPhone to Huawei: contacts, calendar events, and photos and videos. Photos and videos need to be taken using the Camera app coming with iOS. Please note: the live photos may become still photos after the transfer.
- The two devices are connected through a hotspot, so make sure you have enabled the “Wi-Fi” or “WLAN” function on them.
- Make sure you don’t use your devices during the transfer in order to avoid any errors.
Usually, the app Phone Clone does its job well. However, if there is anything going wrong and it fails to transfer the data, or you need to transfer the data that the Phone Clone app doesn’t support, you can try the following methods.
Since Huawei Phone Clone only transfers the photos and videos taken by the Camera app, if you have photos and videos taken by other apps, this method will be better. Additionally, Google Photos will leave your live photos unchanged.
Install Google Photos on iPhone and your new Huawei phone. Huawei phones no longer come with Google Mobile Services (GMS) due to restrictions imposed by the U.S. government, so you don’t have Google Play Store installed on Huawei phones and you cannot directly download Google Photos to your device.
However, there is a trick to installing Google Photos. It is through an app GBox. You can search Google Photos in Huawei AppGallery. Click Install when you see it. You will be asked to install GBox. Check more details here.
Once you have installed Google Photos on both devices, you just need to sync your iPhone photos to Google Photos and then you will be able to check them in the Google Photos app on your Huawei phone.
3. Use File Manager on Computer
You can access the photos on your phones from a computer. If you connect your iPhone and Huawei phone to a computer, you will be able to find your iPhone photos under the path: This Computer\Apple iPhone\Internal Storage\DCIM. Then copy the photos to the path where Huawei photos are stored. Here it is: This Computer\HUAWEI\Internal storage\DCIM\Camera. Make sure you’ve chosen Transfer files or photos in the USB settings on your Huawei phone.
Huawei Phone Clone doesn’t support transferring music from iPhone to Huawei phone, but you sync the music on iPhone to your Huawei phone with the help of the Apple Music app.
Just turn on Sync Library on your iPhone, install Apple Music on your Huawei phone, and sign in with the same Apple ID for your Apple Music subscription. Check this guide to know how to turn Sync Library on.
5. Use a Free Third-party App – SHAREit
SHAREit is a cross-platform transfer tool. You can transfer contacts, videos, photos, music, and documents from iPhone to Huawei phones, or between other devices. You can download SHAREit from the App Store on iPhone and from AppGallery on Huawei phones.
Please note that the app is free for only 3 days, so make sure you finish the transfer within the trial version, otherwise, you have to pay a subscription fee of $5.99/Year or $99.99/Lifetime.
The disadvantage of the free version is the annoying advertisement. Overall it is a helpful tool. Here is the guide on how to use SHAREit to transfer data from iPhone to Huawei.
6. Use Paid Third-party Software – Transfer More Types of Data
As mentioned in the above part, the Phone Clone app is good but it only supports transferring 4 types of data from iPhone to Huawei phone. If you want to transfer other types of data, the best idea is to use third-party tools, such as Wondershare MobileTrans, or iMobie PhoneTrans which are desktop software.
The Features of Wondershare MobileTrans
- Transfer 13 types of data from iPhone to Huawei phone including Photos, Music, Videos, Calendar, Bookmarks, Contacts, Text Messages, Voice Memos, Contact Blacklist, Voicemail, Ringtone, Alarm, and Reminders.
- Transfer data between iOS and Android, including WhatsApp.
- l Back up or restore third-party apps.
- Export data from phones to computers.
- Import data from computers to phones.
The Features of iMobie PhoneTrans:
- Transfer 9 types of data from iPhone to Huawei phone including Contacts, Photos, Music, Videos, Calendar, Voice Memos, Podcasts, Books, and Audiobooks.
- It has 3 different transfer options, quick transfer, 1:1 phone clone, and phone merge.
- Move data from between iOS and Android.
- Merge content on phones and skip duplicated data.
- Transfer Data from iTunes Library, iCloud, and Google Account.
- Back up or restore iOS or Android data.
- Transfer social apps such as WhatsApp, Viber, Line, and other apps. The transfer of these apps from iPhone to Huawei is not supported currently.
The disadvantages of Third-party phone to phone transfer tools:
- Most of the features need to be paid to use the full function.
- You need to connect both your iPhone and Huawei phone to your computer.
Can You Restore Data from iTunes or iCloud Backup to Huawei Phone?
It is impossible to directly restore the iTunes backup to Huawei phones, but with a proper tool, you can extract data from the backup and move it to your Huawei phone. Both Wondershare MobileTrans and iMobie PhoneTrans can do that.
As for iCloud backup, it is impossible to restore the data in the backup to your Huawei phone even with the help of the mentioned tools. However, you can transfer your data synced to iCloud.com to your Huawei phone with the help of the above 2 tools.
Differences between the Methods
|Free or Paid
|Data Types Supported
|Wireless or PC Needed
|Huawei Phone Clone
|Contacts, calendar events, and photos and videos
|Free (3 days)
|Contacts, videos, photos, music, and documents
|Paid with some free features
|Photos, Music, Videos, Calendar, Bookmarks, Contacts, Text Messages, Voice Memos, Contact Blacklist, Voicemail, Ringtone, Alarm, Reminders
|Paid with some free features
|Contacts, Photos, Music, Videos, Calendar, Voice Memos, Podcasts, Books, and Audiobooks