So you’ve accidentally deleted your chat history with one of your contacts and now you need to regain access to those messages. We all know that we can recover WhatsApp messages from a backup on iCloud. However, it is impossible to recover the chat history with only one contact. Is it possible to restore deleted WhatsApp messages of one contact by other methods? Keep reading to get the answer.
Can you restore deleted WhatsApp messages of one contact?
Yes, you most certainly can and there are 2 different ways to do so. The first method will be fairly simple and straightforward and the other method will be a bit more tedious.
You have to know that iCloud and Google Drive don’t offer the option to restore the WhatsApp messages of only one contact. You have to restore the entire WhatsApp backup including all the chats with your contacts to your device.
How to restore deleted WhatsApp messages of one contact
Below are some of the different methods that you can use to make sure you get the job done. One way will be utilizing the WhatsApp “Export Chat” feature and the other will be by using powerful third-party software to gain access to your deleted data and restore the deleted WhatsApp messages of one contact.
1. Use the “Export Chat” Feature on WhatsApp
The first and easiest way would be to utilize the very easy method of exporting your messages directly from your chat history. If the person you were chatting with has not deleted their messages with you then he can send you a copy of the chat history through email. This method is very easy to do and doesn’t require much. Here’s how it’s done.
- The first thing you have to do open WhatsApp.
- Next, you will need to open the individual or group chat you need a copy of.
- Look for the three dots in the chat to open up the options menu, then tap “More”
- Then tap on the “Export Chat” option.
- Choose if you want to export with or without media.
WhatsApp will then compose an email with a copy of the entire chat conversation, including any pictures, voice or video clips if you chose to export with media. With this method, you will not be able to open this chat history in WhatsApp because it will be sent in a “.zip” file with your chats history attached as a “.txt” document. You will still be able to review your whole chat history and get back any important information within those messages that you may have needed. This is still a fast and reliable method to regain access to your deleted messages, even though you won’t be able to have those messages transferred over to your WhatsApp chats.
2. Use a powerful tool
Here we would like to introduce a popular data management tool – MobileTrans which offers 2 different methods for you to recover deleted messages from WhatsApp. Today you will be learning about two of these methods to get back your chat history from one of your contacts. Both ways are simple and easy to follow with MobileTrans.
Method 1- Deleted WhatsApp Data Restore
So the first method that you will be learning today is how to use the “Deleted WhatsApp Data Restore” feature from MobileTrans. This method is quick and simple to follow. All you will need is your computer and your phone.
- First things first, download the MobileTrans software from it’s website. When the app is installed, launch it and you will be taken to the MobileTrans Welcome Screen.
- You will see three different tabs on the welcome screen, choose the “Backup & Restore” tab.
- Select the “Deleted WhatsApp Data Restore” option in the menu.
- Open WhatsApp on your Android device and do a chat backup of your data onto your phone. To do this open up your WhatsApp settings, go to chats, then chats backup. Now turn off the auto-backup to Google drive option and then click the backup button.
- Next you will download WhastApp onto your phone through USB using Mobile Trans. A message will pop up on your phone asking you to allow the download and you will click “Allow” to give permission.
- Then MobileTrans will ask for you to allow the installed WhatsApp to access your photos, media, and files on your device. You will click “Allow” to give access.
- You will have to sign in to your WhatsApp account and restore the backup onto your phone and then click “Next” on MobileTrans.
- MobileTrans will then show you a list of all the deleted messages that were found. You can then click on the one that you want to recover and restore it to your phone.
This program will then merge all your deleted messages of one specific WhatsApp contact with the rest of your existing WhatsApp data already on your device.
Method 2- Restoring the WhatsApp messages of one contact from iTunes backup
This next method will be using the “iTunes Restore” feature from MobileTrans. This way of recovering your deleted messages is a bit quicker than the one above. It’s very simple and easy to follow the instructions to get your messages back.
- Download and install the MobileTrans app on your computer and launch it.
- On the welcome screen, select the “Backup & Restore” tab.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer with USB.
- Select the backup file from iPhone on MobileTrans.
- Choose “Phone Data” option.
- Select “iTunes Backup File” on the left list.
- Choose which type of data you want to restore from the list of different apps you can restore from, and then click the “Start” button. Here it is WhatsApp.
- There is an option to “Clear data before copy”. DO NOT CHECK THIS OPTION. Otherwise, the WhatsApp data on your device will be erased. Only if you don’t check the option, the program will merge your backup with the existing WhatsApp data that you have on your phone so that you don’t lose any current data if you restored from an older backup file.
- Once you select “Start” the restoration will begin and will finish shortly. It is important to keep your phone connected at all times during the data transfer. This is a very handy feature to take advantage of.
With all these methods, you should now have regained access to your deleted WhatsApp messages with one contact.