- Your iPhone was controlled by the administrator of the company itself.
- The device requires the administrator’s approval before it allows you to install any app.
- After you left the company, they gave you the mobile as a reward but didn’t remove restrictions.
- If you purchased a second-hand iPhone with company management on it
If any of the above conditions is true, you are at the right place because the following sections explain how you can remove company profile from iPhone with or without a password.
However, before going any further, it is imperative to understand why this happens and what processes do take place in the background.
When a company hands over an iPhone to you to do office work, the administrator protects the device with Mobile Device Management (MDM). MDM is a protocol that enables administrators to control, monitor, supervise, and restrict an iPhone from the server side. Because of this, and according to the restrictions that have been configured according to the company’s policies, sometimes you may even have to enter your company-issued user ID and password to unlock the phone before using it.
Now, after you leave the company, if MDM is still installed and configured on your phone, you may face challenges while unlocking it because the administrator may have changed your password or deleted your user account altogether.
Keeping the above points in mind, the sections that follow will help you remove company management from iPhone without a glitch.
Remove Company Management from iPhone with Password
This is the easiest solution. To remove company management from iPhone with a password, all you need to do is entering your company-issued ID and the associated password. Once the iPhone is unlocked, you can remove MDM from the device so it can become independent and can be used freely.
The process given below explains how to remove MDM from your iPhone with the password :
- Go to Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Device Management from the General screen.
- Tap your company’s name under the MOBILE DEVICE MANAGEMENT section on the Device Management screen.
- On the next window, tap Remove Management.
- Follow the on-screen instructions from there to remove MDM from your iPhone forever.
Remove Company Management from iPhone without Password
Although the method explained in the previous section is neat and straightforward, its successful implementation majorly depends on the terms and policies of the organization you worked with, and in what conditions you leave the job.
If everything went well while you were leaving the company, things will be smooth. On the other hand, if things didn’t go well in your previous employment, but the company had to give you the iPhone because of its policies, you will have to rely on a third-party solution to remove company profile from iPhone.
When talking about a third-party application, several tools are available online that claim to be efficient and trustworthy. Now, it is up to you which one you want to use to bypass MDM, or remove it.
One such program that is appreciated by many people these days is Wondershare Dr.Fone – Screen Unlock (iOS). Dr.Fone is available for both Windows and Mac PCs, including several modules of different features for iOS devices. Screen Unlock (iOS) is one of the modules. The software supports iOS 16 beta and almost all the latest iPhone models.
In addition to bypassing MDM restrictions, a few other things that Dr.Fone – Screen Unlock (iOS) can also do include:
- Remove iPhone passcode and Face ID.
- Remove Apple ID.
- Remove Screen Time passcode.
- Bypass the iCloud activation lock without jailbreak.
- Unlock iPhone carrier.
- Help you access your iPhone if it is disabled and much more.
- Remove iTunes backup encryption.
You can learn how to bypass MDM with Dr.Fone – Screen Unlock (iOS) by following the instructions given below:
- Go to the URL given above. Download and install Dr.Fone on your computer according to its platform (Windows or Mac).
- Launch Dr.Fone.
- Choose Screen Unlock and then click Unlock MDM iPhone from the main interface.
- When the program prompts, use the lightning cable to connect your iPhone to the PC.
- On the next screen that appears click Bypass MDM (explained here) or Remove MDM if your iPhone is locked out of MDM screen or it is managed and supervised by the company respectively. Then click Get Start.
- When the next window comes up, click Start to Bypass.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and wait while Dr.Fone bypasses the MDM lock on your phone.
- Click Done on the Successfully Bypassed window.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Start using it normally.
Note: While setting up your device, make sure to pick the Don’t Transfer Apps & Data to avoid re-enabling MDM. Also, your iPhone will be restricted with MDM even after bypassing it if you reset the phone. To avoid this from happening, make sure to re-run Dr.Fone and choose Remove MDM this time to get rid of that hurdle altogether.
FAQs About iPhone Supervised by Companies
Below are the questions that readers have about company management on iPhone.
1. Can Apple employees remove company management from iPhone?
If you are the owner of the iPhone but your phone is being controlled and managed by an organization you no longer work with, you can grab the original invoice and purchase receipts of your device, visit the nearest Apple Store, and request them to unlock and remove MDM from it.
To answer your question, yes, Apple employees can unlock iPhones that have been protected with MDM as long as you show them enough proofs that you are the real owner of the smartphone.
2. Can I remove company profile from iPhone myself for free?
Yes, you can. However, your company’s ID and password must still exist on their server, and you must be able to enter the credentials while accessing your phone. You can go to Settings > General > Device Management, tap the name of the company, and on the next screen, tap Remove Management. From this point onward, you can follow the on-screen instructions to complete the MDM removal process.
3. How do companies lock iPhones?
MDM is enabled through Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager, and the administrator of your organization or school can control, manage, and supervise your iDevice through the Mobile Device Management (MDM) protocol.
When talking about MDM, it is the device-based activation lock. When MDM is enabled and you enter your username and password to unlock the device, your iPhone contacts an Apple server for authentication. Once your credentials are found correct, the smartphone lets you in, and you can use all the features that the administrator has granted permission to.
Although it is easy to remove company management from iPhone, you are strongly suggested to use the straightforward method which is by entering your user ID and password issued by your organization or company. In case your device is restricted with MDM, and you no longer have access to your old account credentials, you can use any third-party tool to bypass or completely remove MDM from your smartphone to use it freely.