We use WhatsApp to send and receive media files and even documents like PDF files. However, it could happen that we delete some files by mistake. It can be devastating and cause many problems. There are many different ways you can recover deleted PDF files from WhatsApp, so give these solutions a try.
- How to Recover Deleted PDF Files from WhatsApp on Android
- How to Recover Deleted PDF Files from WhatsApp on iPhone
- How to Recover Deleted PDF Files from WhatsApp without Backup (Android & iPhone)
- What Can I Do If My PDF Files Keep Getting Lost on WhatsApp?
How to Recover Deleted PDF Files from WhatsApp on Android
In this part, we would like to talk about the methods to get deleted PDF files via Google Drive. You may have backed up WhatsApp or the deleted PDF files to Google Drive. The only free solution that helps is using backup. If you have no backup, you have to try a paid method.
Recover Deleted PDF Files via Google Drive
When using WhatsApp, an automated backup copy can be created and stored on Google Drive for Android devices. The user gets the choice of how frequently they want their backups to occur. They can either choose from daily, weekly or monthly. When the time occurs, the WhatsApp conversations and all their attachments (if they’ve chosen to back up) will be backed up to Google Drive.
Follow the steps below to recover your deleted PDF files from WhatsApp via Google Drive.
- Uninstall WhatsApp from your device and reinstall it. When this is completed, you will be offered the option to Restore your Media and Chat content from Google Drive.
- A Backup Found section will appear and tell you when the last backup was performed and the size of it. Go ahead and select Restore to begin the restoration process. The time it takes to restore the data will depend on the amount of data you had backed up.
- Lastly, WhatsApp will inform you how many messages have been restored when the process is completed. Click Next and fill your name out in the name prompt. Your backed-up chats will then be available to view. Wait a little bit long and your backed-up media, including your deleted PDF files will begin to return.
Restore Deleted PDF Files from Google Drive Trash
If your PDF files were backed up to Google Drive but you have deleted them, they will go into your Google Drive trash and stay there for 30 days if you don’t delete them permanently. If you want to restore them to your Google Drive, just follow these simple steps:
- Enter Google Drive and select the three-line menu item. This will pop up with many options, one of them being Trash. Go ahead and select it.
- Find the files you need to restore to Google Drive and tap the three vertical dots next to them. Then choose the Restore option.
- Once restored, you can send it through WhatsApp again.
How to Recover Deleted PDF Files from WhatsApp on iPhone
Same as Android phones, the only free way to recover deleted PDF files from WhatsApp on iPhone is using backups. Since iPhone can be backed up to iCloud or a computer (iTunes backup), we have 2 methods to recover the deleted PDF files.
Restore Deleted PDF Files via iCloud Backup
Using iCloud Backup to recover deleted PDF files is one of the easiest ways to do so on iPhone devices. You will need to make sure that you have a WhatsApp backup and confirm that your mobile number is the same as the one that’s linked up to WhatsApp backup. These are the key steps needed to recover WhatsApp data from iCloud to your iPhone:
- Open your WhatsApp messenger and go to the Settings option. Select Chats and then the Chats Backup to confirm that there is a backup.
- Delete WhatsApp messenger from your device and reinstall it.
- Verify your phone number.
- After retrieving credentials, you will see Restore from iCloud. Next, click the Restore Chat History option to gain your WhatsApp backup from iCloud.
Restore Deleted PDF Files via iTunes Backup
For iPhone users, if you have backed up your iPhone to a computer through iTunes, you can also restore the iTunes backup to your iPhone in order to recover the deleted PDF files on WhatsApp. Please note that all the data on your iPhone will be erased and replaced by the data in the iTunes backup. Follow these steps below to recover your PDF files from WhatsApp:
- Connect your Apple device to your computer.
- Open up iTunes.
- Click the phone symbol in the upper left corner.
- Find Restore Backup.
- Select the latest iTunes backup. You can check the date when you made the backup to ensure the deleted PDF file is included in the backup.
- Don’t remove your iPhone from the computer until the restoration process has finished.
Once the iTunes backup has been restored to your iPhone, you can open and log into your WhatsApp to check the deleted PDF file.
How to Recover Deleted PDF Files from WhatsApp without Backup
There are multiple applications and tools that can assist you in recovering deleted WhatsApp files, even when they haven’t been backed up on your phone. One of these applications is called iMyFone ChatsBack. This tool works on both iPhone and Android devices. Using these following steps, you will be able to recover your lost files.
- Install iMyFone ChatsBack onto your computer and launch the program. Connect your phone to the computer and choose Recover from Device Storage on the home page.
- Select WhatsApp Messenger when your phone has been detected. Click Start to scan your WhatsApp data. You might need to follow the on-screen instructions to do some operations.
- Review the attachment and find the PDF files you want to restore. Mark them and click the Recover to PC button to save the recovered PDF files to your phone or computer.
On the program, there are two other locations you can recover WhatsApp data from. If you are an Android user and don’t want to restore the WhatsApp backup to your device from Google Drive, you can use ChatsBack to recover data from Google Drive instead. No need to get the data on your phone. If you are an iPhone user and don’t want to restore the backup to your device, ChatsBack is also a good choice since it can scan your iTunes backup and recover the PDF files without restoring. If the iMyFone ChatsBack tool doesn’t work for the reason, there are many applications that do the same exact thing and work as well.
What Can I Do If My PDF Files Keep Getting Lost on WhatsApp?
If your PDF files on WhatsApp keep getting lost and you have no idea where they have gone, then you may have a problem with your phone. This can happen if you don’t have enough storage on your phone or if your WhatsApp isn’t updated. These are the two main reasons however, there may be other reasons that are very rare and hard to fix. It can happen on any iPhone or Android and is likely to occur on older models of the phone because they run slower and less efficiently.
Hopefully, one of these methods has helped you recover the files you wanted to. We know there have been many different issues regarding WhatsApp which is why we have created many other articles addressing them. If you face any other issues on WhatsApp, feel free to check our other articles out. They will hopefully help solve your problems.