There are many reasons why you might want to log in to WhatsApp without a verification code. For example, you may be in a different location and not have access to the device which has the SIM card with the phone number that you want to log in to. Or, you might have lost access to the SIM card with the number connected to your WhatsApp account. This is a common situation and whilst it can be tricky to get access to your WhatsApp account without this phone number.
It is impossible to completely bypass the verification code, but you can log in to WhatsApp without the old phone number. This article will show you how to open WhatsApp without a verification code from your old phone number.
Method 1: Use TextNow for a Temporary Phone Number
If you would like access to WhatsApp so that you can communicate with friends and family, you can try to create a new WhatsApp account using an application that will provide you with a temporary phone number, such as TextNow. TextNow will give you a phone number that you can use to register for WhatsApp and then you can activate your account with this method. It is like temporary email addresses but for phone numbers. To use this method:
- Download TextNow (or an application that provides you with a temporary phone number) on your phone.
- Launch TextNow on your phone and complete the setup process. Then, make a note of the phone number associated with your account.
- Open WhatsApp and use this phone number to register for a WhatsApp account.
- When prompted to enter the SMS verification code, wait for around five minutes, which will cause your verification to fail.
- Click on the “Call me” option once the SMS verification process has failed and make a note of the verification number spoken to you by the automated robot through the TextNow application.
- Complete the setup of the rest of your WhatsApp account.
This is how to activate WhatsApp without a verification code since the “call me” option will give you a code instead.
Method 2: Use Landline for New WhatsApp Account
Another solution how to verify WhatsApp without a code (SMS) is to use a landline number. Many people have a landline phone that they rarely use but a landline phone can be useful in situations where you want to create an account and require a phone number. The method to use a landline number when creating a WhatsApp account is like using a normal phone number, however:
- Use your landline number instead of your phone number.
- Wait for SMS verification to fail so that you are presented with the “Call me” option.
The rest of the process is the same as you would use to create a WhatsApp account normally. However, you should also know that you can only create one WhatsApp account per landline number so if your landline number has already been used to create a WhatsApp account, you will not be able to use this step.
Method 3: Use Google Voice
Google Voice is an application that will provide you with a phone number, allowing you to send and receive text messages, calls and images. It is an option that is used by many people who require two phone numbers but only have a phone with one SIM card slot. To use Google Voice to activate WhatsApp:
- Install Google Voice on your phone and then open the application.
- Choose your location and then select your preferred phone number from the list by entering a number you would like.
- Enter another phone number that you will be able to access and activate.
- Verify this number with the code sent to you and then claim your number.
- Open WhatsApp and set up a new account using your Google Voice phone number.
Although this method does allow you to create a WhatsApp account, it does require you to also have access to a phone number that you can access. Therefore, you will not be able to use this method if you do not have access to any phone numbers.
We hope this article has allowed you to activate WhatsApp without verification of your phone number. Let us know in the comments below if you have any other ideas.